Why have insurance?
Fire, windstorm, roof leak, or theft can happen anywhere and to anyone and your landlord is probably not responsible for damage that may occur to your property.
You can protect your property with Renter's Insurance from Deans & Homer. Renters insurance provides personal liability coverage and it can cover your personal property.
When you rent an apartment at one of our certified communities, you are automatically eligible to purchase Renter's Insurance. We offer affordable policies, often starting at as little as 60 cents a day, with a variety of payment plans.
What if I have a claim?
- Call 800.548.1616, M-F between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. PT for a claims representative.
- If the loss was caused by theft, file a report with your local police or sheriff's department.
- Take reasonable action to prevent further loss or damage from occurring to your property.
- Do not dispose of damaged property until we have had an opportunity to inspect it.
- Take photos of the damaged property.
- Make a complete inventory of the lost or damaged property.